Monday, October 09, 2006

Art & Psychology Sunday

Last night I was lying in my bed, listening to my favorite jazz program on the radio and trying to read, when I noticed a sudden influx of little people. C, JP and S had come in with their notebooks, their journals, and were all drawing, so I made a game out of it. I would tell them what to draw and they would do so. I really enjoy these fleeting moments when I'm in charge. Here are a few of the things they drew and their individual takes on them. I'm not sure what it all says about them, if anything, other than they really know how to intrude on a person's peaceful Sunday night. Perhaps if there are any psychologists among my readership you'll know better.

Smiley face
C: Winking face
JP: Crying face
S: Mad face

Snake
C: Rattlesnake
JP: Harmless snake
S: Curled-up baby snake

Favorite thing to eat
C: Cinnamon roll
JP: Bacon
S: Yogurt

Tree
C: Bird in the tree
JP: Nest in the tree
S: Nest with an egg in the tree

Mountain
C: Drew a door on the mountain
JP: Drew a floating mountain
S: Drew windows in the mountain

Clock
C: Time was 9:25
JP: Time was midnight
S: Time was 2 a.m.

Artist's pick
C: Mountain
JP: Door
S: Cube