Thursday, May 22, 2008

Can I Get a Ride?

I like the Jon & Kate Plus 8 show on TLC because it's fun to watch people with more kids than us to see how they handle all that, and because I kind of have a thing for Kate, but mostly because I get excited when they show their van.

I don't know what kind of van it is, but there appears to be room enough to move their family of 10 around comfortably. Easy in and easy out, plenty of headroom. It's a dream.

I went on the Dodge website and built my own 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 passenger van, which looks like Jon & Kate's anyway. This beauty is 170-inches long with an extra-high roof, and seats 10 comfortably. It has a 5-speed automatic transmission, 3.0-litre V6 turbo diesel engine, automatic sliding right door and towing hitch for my eventual sailboat. And I chose hibiscus red with gray interior.

Total cost: $48,290.

To that end, I've bitten the bullet, sold out just a bit, and added some Google AdSense onto this blog. Not a lot, I don't like sites that are overrun with advertising. It's somewhat integrated over there on the right and down a bit. Doesn't cost you a thing to click, but it adds up for me the more you click on it. In fact, in the past seven days, I've taken in a total of $4.24, so I'm well on my way.

Soon enough, I'm confident, I'll be tooling around town in this behemoth. Or, maybe, I'll just be sitting in it out in my driveway, a quiet place to escape from the cacophony in our house.