Thursday, June 26, 2008

Aggravating


Elizabeth gave me the game of Aggravation tonight as a very, very early birthday gift. It's a game we played as kids, but that I haven't been able to find for sale here locally. We found this on E-bay and laughed about it, and then she surprised me with it. The box lid is taped together, and the dice are yellowed, and this might be the exact game we once played.

As kids we also played backgammon, Battleship, Mastermind, checkers, chess, Stratego and a plethora of card games.

Lately I've been playing some of these games with The Quartet. It's been a way for me to reminisce, and a chance for me to set them up for the board game beating of their lives.

Or so I thought.

Read more about how this all went down in the latest installment of my column "Because I Said So" in The Commercial Appeal.