Sunday, October 15, 2006

Inside Joke

We had our grown-up evening last night with dinner at Dish and post-dinner drinks and revelry at Celtic Crossing. I won't bore you with the details, mainly because I have little memory of most of the details, and what details do come back to me paint a sordid picture. Not a picture so much as a Saturday Night Live skit. One of those rare funny ones from recent years, written by Tina Fey with a recurring character of Will Ferrel's, hosted by Steve Martin or, perhaps, Peter O'Toole. The musical guest would have been Billy Joel or some techno group I've never heard of. Anyway, it wasn't the usual Norman Rockwell picture I normally paint for you here, so I'll just keep it to myself.

However, there was an announcement made that turned the evening into a celebration of sorts. It seems there will be an addition to our little family. Yes, someone has been working on this for a while and the fruits, so to speak, of labor have been realized. She gushed and shared and even the proud papa beamed because he actually has something to do with this one. I'm talking, of course, about yet another blog from Stacey. She already has this one and this one and now, Chop Fayn, which is all about Warren's cooking. No pressure, Warren, but now not only do you have to feed your family, but you have to feed the internet, and keep me entertained and amused. So welcome to the family, Chop Fayn, you make three. Jeez, doesn't she know what causes this? I know she does, actually, it's all she talked about last night.